Data about all dockless (scooter and bike) trips across the city from all providers. Bird started operations August 2018. Lime started operations November 2018.
NOTE: this data is currently for the Interim Operating Agreement only, and does not include potential equitable scooter distributions and other requirements specified in our forthcoming final operating agreement.
Data is aggregated for individual privacy at 3 decimals for latitude and longitude, which equates to about the block level. This groups start and end points into a grid across the city.
Note there is inherent inaccuracies in GPS tracking that is present in the source data.
NOTE: this grid of aggregated data may show points in water, private locations, and places vehicles do not operate - this is simply nearby data being snapped to a larger aggregation level.
Data goes from August 2018 to now. More data will be posted as we receive it, usually a few weeks after the first of the month.
Should you desire additional or more specific data than is shared here, please inquire with Bird directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit an Open Records Request and someone will get back to you quickly.
Times are rounded to the nearest 15 minutes, and location to the nearest 3 decimal places for rider privacy.
VehicleID has been removed for rider privacy and competition concerns from the companies, and because VehicleIDs could be connected back to our previously published data sets broken out by company which included VehicleIDs. We may add this back in the future, in a newly created anonymized identifier.
There is no identifier for a company - instead all the trips are combined into one file.
Includes the following fields:
- TripID - a unique ID created by Louisville Metro
- StartDate - in YYYY-MM-DD format
- StartTime - rounded to the nearest 15 minutes in HH:MM format
- EndDate - in YYYY-MM-DD format
- EndTime - rounded to the nearest 15 minutes in HH:MM format
- TripDuration - duration of the trip minutes
- TripDistance - distance of trip in miles based on company route data
- StartLatitude - rounded to nearest 3 decimal places
- StartLongitude - rounded to nearest 3 decimal places
- EndLatitude - rounded to nearest 3 decimal places
- EndLongitude - rounded to nearest 3 decimal places
- DayOfWeek - 1-7, useful for analysis
- HourNum - the hour part of the time from 0-24 of the StartTime, useful for analysis
Some source data provided by the companies contains errant values, like negative or impossible distances. In these cases we have done the following to the data:
- Set TripDistance to -1 where the value is less than 0
- Set TripDistance to 100 where the value is over 100 (maximum range is currently around 25 miles)
- We have left errant TripDurations untouched
- We have left errant latitude and longitude coordinates (eg, hundreds of miles away) untouched
For more details, charts, filters and trip information see this full screen interactive map. Note, the map's purpose is to give you a visual example of the data, and is only updated from August 2018 to January 2019.
Data and Resources
- Dockless Vehicle Trips - Block Levelcsv
Data about individual dockless vehicle trips across the city, aggregated for...
- Map of Trips - Block Levelhtml
Shows raw data as an interactive map with origin and destination points...
- Bird Real-Time Availability GBFSjson
General Bikeshare Feed Specification (GBFS) formatted real-time availability...
- Dockless Vehicle Policy - 2018-10 DRAFTpdf
This draft policy is established to provide rules and regulations governing...
- Dockless Vehicle Distribution Zonesarcgis shp
Operating area distribution zones for dockless vehicle companies. Zones are...
- Dockless Vehicle Service Areaarcgis shp
Maximum operating area for all dockless vehicle companies. See Section XI. A...
- Council Update 2018-09 - Draft Dockless Vehicle Policypdf
Slide report on the first month of Bird scooter usage in the city for Metro...
|Release Date|| |
|Spatial / Geographical Coverage Location|| |
|Temporal Coverage|| |
Thursday, August 9, 2018 - 00:00
License Not Specified
|Data Dictionary|| |
|Contact Name|| |
|Public Access Level|| |